Dialogues don't work

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
FeMaster

Re: Dialogues don't work

Post by FeMaster »

Didn't work as well, and yet don't explain why even at your own files it bugs, im asking for someone to test it anyway
Shy necromancer

Daneel53

Post by Daneel53 »

Send me your new file. I will drop it into my DFU.
In charge of Project French Daggerfall and DaggerfallSetup, dev. of DFTools in English.
French translator for many Warband mods and Bannerlord.

FeMaster

Post by FeMaster »

Shy necromancer

Daneel53

Post by Daneel53 »

No need for what I wanna do.

It is late, I will test this tomorrow. ;)
In charge of Project French Daggerfall and DaggerfallSetup, dev. of DFTools in English.

FeMaster

Post by FeMaster »

Daneel53 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:24 am No need for what I wanna do.

It is late, I will test this tomorrow. ;)
alright man, thx a lot for still trying to help haha :D
Shy necromancer

Daneel53

Post by Daneel53 »

This morning, I just installed your new file into my DFU in French and begun conversation, asking always the famous question about news in order to obtain answers coming from the records 1400 to 1403 as yesterday.
I expected to obtain a conversation in a mix of Portuguese and French because these records are translated in your file, or these sentences in English if your file was refused by the parser because of errors.
The very first time when I asked the famous question about news, here is what I obtained:
DaggerfallUnity_2024-01-10_09-51-27.png
DaggerfallUnity_2024-01-10_09-51-27.png (394.28 KiB) Viewed 792 times
The answer is the first sentence of record 1403. It should be in Portuguese, as in your file, or in English if your file was erroneous, but I absolutely don't understand how this sentence may be written in French, as the French Internal_RSC was replaced by yours! And your file was partly read because the sentence "What are people talking about now?" comes from record 7232 that is in English in your file.

The French file is not anymore in the game, so from where comes this sentence in French??? This is not understandable. Is there a kind of cache somewhere? A cache where the result of the last correctly read file is still there and where the game read the records when some parts of a translation file are unreadable?

Daneel53

Post by Daneel53 »

OK, understood !

It is very surprising, but the text of all the rumors that were said yesterday during my long session of trials in order to obtain first sentence of record 1402 are stored into the file ConversationData.txt of the save!

Which means that they are not anymore read into the file Internal_RSC but from the save!

Which means that to test the modification of the Internal-RSC file, we must start a new game.

Or is it sufficient to erase the file ConversationData.txt into the save? Gonna try...

Daneel53

Post by Daneel53 »

Finally, here is what happens with rumors.

If you create a brand new game, all rumors are loaded from Internal_RSC and shall be stored into ConversationData.txt when saving, even if you save at the very beginning without having talked to anybody.

If you go into a save and suppress the file ConversationData, the save can be loaded without error but all the NPC that you will talk with answer that they have no rumors. All rumors disappeared and you will never obtain them again.

So it seems that the only way to test new translation done into the file Internal_RSC is to create a new game. If not, the game displays what is stored into the file ConversationData.txt of the save and not what is written into the new Internal_RSC.

For what I see now, FeMaster, your file seems correctly read. :)
DaggerfallUnity_2024-01-10_11-13-19.png
DaggerfallUnity_2024-01-10_11-13-19.png (178.04 KiB) Viewed 771 times
Last edited by Daneel53 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

Thanks for investigating! Very helpful. :)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

FeMaster

Post by FeMaster »

LOL, i'll was never going to imagine this part was going to take effect after a new game, i was almost thinking that the error was in another file, i've tried with a new game and worked, THANKS A LOT, you're a savior, man :D
Shy necromancer