Journey to Aetherius Riddle

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
adamatom

Journey to Aetherius Riddle

Post by adamatom »

How exactly does the riddle in S0000016 - Journey to Aetherius work from a technical standpoint? I can't see it in the quest text and was wondering if it would be possible to implement riddles into mods another way?

This one -

"One speaks for me.
Two serve me.
Six protect me.
How many defy me?"

Sappho20

Re: Journey to Aetherius Riddle

Post by Sappho20 »

I think the riddle is just something she says and has no affect on the quest.

I think you could add riddles that work like Arena. Think about the guard in Castle Daggerfall as he will only open the door with as specific commands(s) or Nulfaga's litch will open the secret door in the same way. So I think if you can figure out how they work then you could add something similar.

adamatom

Re: Journey to Aetherius Riddle

Post by adamatom »

I was referring to the Sheogorath one. There's also the skulls room which has another and yeah the palace guards as you mentioned. It's some kind of implementation outside of the quest system and totally beyond the scope of my understanding. I saw an old post discussing this and changing the Yes/No box to plain text multiple choice options to expand the quests into diverging paths. If it's in the base game the structure is already there, just like the character creation screen has multiple choice q's and a's.