Small issue/unmatching portrait

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
CurlyBlackPoodle

Small issue/unmatching portrait

Post by CurlyBlackPoodle »

The generic NPC that wears an orange toga appears to have the wrong portrait assigned to him. I have provided a screenshot, in the screenshot I have mods enabled, but the issue remains even when I disable all mods. I am using the 1.0 build of DFU

Edit: Wanted to clarify, he always gets a portrait of a blonde man when his sprite shows him with darker hair. I don't remember if it was like this in Vanilla Daggerfall
Attachments
2024_03_11_00_18_42.jpg
2024_03_11_00_18_42.jpg (181.01 KiB) Viewed 310 times

pango

Re: Small issue/unmatching portrait

Post by pango »

I remember some issue with commoners whose portrait wouldn't load for some reason, and so get the portrait of the last people you talked to. It was difficult to pinpoint, so I think I never created a bug report because I lacked elements to create a reproducible case.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

CurlyBlackPoodle

Re: Small issue/unmatching portrait

Post by CurlyBlackPoodle »

Its likely that these are actually the correct portraits for this commoner variant, since I don't see these portraits w/ any other variant and they sport the same green tunic around the neck. For some reason the palette for the hair in the portrait just appears much lighter than on the actual sprite. I gotta fire up OG DG just out of curiosity