Vanilla-friendly Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Diamond texture change

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
thenameisthegame

Vanilla-friendly Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Diamond texture change

Post by thenameisthegame »

What started as a "darn, I wish that Emerald would just be flipped 90 degrees to look the same as every other gem, also not have a bloody bloody spot on it" small job (or so I thought)...

... ended up with me giving up on that because I'm too bad at figuring the particular pecularities of the 254 textures altogether.

But hey then I went on and replaced all of them to look unique in their own vanilla-friendly (and in the case of the Emerald, "Master Emerald"-friendly) way!

Needless to say, the changes applied to the Diamond also applies to the Soul Trap, given how things work in vanilla in that reguard.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!~

While I posted those earlier on the Lysandus' Tomb discord, I figured I'd drop them here too for posterity and for all others to see. Also, I finetuned the Ruby just a bit, so this version is better (in my opinion at least!).
Attachments
rsed_ingame.png
rsed_ingame.png (8.47 KiB) Viewed 651 times
ruby_sapphire_emerald_diamond_replacers.zip
(1.66 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

MrFlibble

Re: Vanilla-friendly Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Diamond texture change

Post by MrFlibble »

Nice job.
thenameisthegame wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:38 am What started as a "darn, I wish that Emerald would just be flipped 90 degrees to look the same as every other gem, also not have a bloody bloody spot on it" small job (or so I thought)...

... ended up with me giving up on that because I'm too bad at figuring the particular pecularities of the 254 textures altogether.
Well, I fixed the wrong pixels on the gems (plus amber) in my vanilla paperdoll & inventory fix.

I didn't alter anything else though, including any of the gems' rotations.