Daggerfall unity not launching, only classic version

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
albadalarian

Daggerfall unity not launching, only classic version

Post by albadalarian »

Hello,
I did install the Dagerfall Unity as per instructions, very excited about it. Thru steam & the W64 zip package.
Once the game launched thru the unity .exe, I did indicate the right folder of Steam and without issue, got the green screen and the game unity menu popped up.
Once i did configure the game with the desired option, I clicked on "play" att he bottom, but then the classic version of the game pop up. When I do save, it even states "classic". Of course I did put the video settings to something else than Classic, with a very mysterious meaning "climate". The Quality level was set to Fantastics.
Anyhow, it refuses to launch the upgraded unity version for a reason, and keep launching the old graphic version.
I googled this issue, or went thru the forum. Couldn't find a similar issue out there.
Thanks for your help.

CPU RYZEN 3700 + 32Go RAM 3600+ 4090 MSI

pango

Re: Daggerfall unity not launching, only classic version

Post by pango »

Hi, lots of what you describe making no sense, I suspect you're really running Daggerfall Unity, but with wrong expectations.

If you press the Escape key in game to bring the options menu, do you read "Daggerfall Unity Release 1.0.0" in the top right corner of the screen?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart