Quest: Finding the Courier

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Partridge_Todd

Quest: Finding the Courier

Post by Partridge_Todd »

• Quest: Finding the Courier

Boy oh boy. I've tried this quest a few times now (thank you for the restart code). I waited six hours, saved, restarted, over and over again... ughh. After 48 hours in all the times the quest disappears from the journal.

Looked at both of these guides: UESP and GameFAQ that fail to have any information about glitches. In the UESP one it says, " The emperor's courier will arrive in the palace on the specified day and remain there for two days afterwards." In all my attempts the palace is barred from the ability to enter, "This house is of no interest". So in is a mistake at least for the Unity release.

Any recommendations? What a downer.

Do I need this quest to finish the game?

Jay_H

Re: Quest: Finding the Courier

Post by Jay_H »

I have split this post into its own topic :)

Partridge_Todd

Post by Partridge_Todd »

My post was originally placed under the the topic labeled "Can't Proceed through Main Quest"---which I think is a good topic title as it is quite true. For anybodies information Finding the Courier is the same quest as the The Emperor's Courier (they are labeled in the two help URL's put in that post (The Emperor's Courier @ UESP and Finding the Courier @ GameFAQ).

Can this post be put back in to the "Can't Proceed through Main Quest" topic, it is five years old and would have a better following there.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The forum's owner has a consistent policy of giving each bug its own topic. When multiple bugs are reported into one topic, it only causes confusion for the original one and the new one. Since no one is benefited by it. and since forum space is unlimited, we keep to making a separate thread per issue.