[MOD] Real Grass 2

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD] Real Grass 2

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Lacus.

Why the mod has grass color settings for the all seasons but winter? I ask because I think about the winter grass in your mod for a while already :)

You have set it to green, which can be ok according to some climates, but the strong winter has grass covered with ice and it basically is white. And thats what I think might look better than the current green grass in the winter.

Might you be up for allowing users to set their own preferred color for winter grass
(in a same way they can set colors for other seasons) ?

Have you tried white grass for winter? Did you not like it and decided for green? Maybe test is and you might find it better than green?

Thank you

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hi kow, color tint is fixed to white for winter. The actual color is not always set to what is defined in settings, but is interpolated between those colors depending on in-game day. For example it slowly changes between white and green as time progresses from winter to spring.

You can try to set all colors to white to see how it would look. I can add an option to disable interpolation if you prefer it, but that means there is a drastic color change in a single day.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Since I am currently using a more classic look when playing DFU, I had a try at pixelating the grass, so it does not stand out so much.

This I got after a quick (took about 10 minutes) attempt:

(Using the "billboard" setting, to match the other billboards).

Of course it's not perfect, but it fits the rest of the world not too badly.

pango

Post by pango »

haloterm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:20 pm Since I am currently using a more classic look when playing DFU, I had a try at pixelating the grass, so it does not stand out so much.
Well, "there's a mod for that": https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/252
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

carademono

Post by carademono »

pango wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:54 pm
haloterm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:20 pm Since I am currently using a more classic look when playing DFU, I had a try at pixelating the grass, so it does not stand out so much.
Well, "there's a mod for that": https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/252
Yes, that's haloterm's mod ;)

pango

Post by pango »

Whoops!

For some reason I thought that was a new post, so I did not even consider this possibility... But that's a post from September :?
Not totally sure what happened... Anyway, my bad!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart