Start without Main Quest & Choose when you want to activate it?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Jarlyjarljarl

Start without Main Quest & Choose when you want to activate it?

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

I was wondering if there are any console commands that I could use to stop the main quest from running after start up and then when I want to, start it up again with a command.

The reason I want to do this is because I want to do an alternative start and want to roleplay that my character finds their way into the Main Quest after having already established themselves in one of the kingdoms rather than already having being sent to High Rock on a mission.

pango

Re: Start without Main Quest & Choose when you want to activate it?

Post by pango »

There's the No Rush Main Quest mod, but I haven't tried it
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Also, there is the No Main Quest mod. But that obviously removes the main quest. I use that combined with random starting dungeon when I want to play a character that is not the emperors agent and never will be.

Jarlyjarljarl

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

pango wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:10 am There's the No Rush Main Quest mod, but I haven't tried it
From what I can gather it breaks some of the quests otherwise I would definitely use it. Unless it's possible to use it to hold off the main quest and them disable it once you start it without breaking the MQ.

Jarlyjarljarl

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:14 am Also, there is the No Main Quest mod. But that obviously removes the main quest. I use that combined with random starting dungeon when I want to play a character that is not the emperors agent and never will be.
That is something I will keep in mind for future playthroughs thanks.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

There is still the option to meet with brisienna and just never do the quests after that until youre ready.

Itll have the same effect as youre looking for except youll have the start of the main quest in your active quest log.