Mastery ideas

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Shapur

Mastery ideas

Post by Shapur »

If anyone has any ideas, what ability could be unlocked after mastering a skill (getting it to 100), write them please here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Link to my github here.
And here is my nexus profile.

Regnier

Re: Mastery ideas

Post by Regnier »

Some good ideas.

Backstabbing is backwards imo. It should be a chance to paralyze then instadeath

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Let me know if this is going to affect combat at all, as it will probably conflict with ambidexterity module! The specific scripts I change heavily are FPSWeapon.cs and WeaponManager.cs.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Shapur

Post by Shapur »

I don't plan to implement it, so I have no idea. This topic came up on the Lysandus' Tomb discord server and I decide to organize the brainstorming to into a spreadsheet, but thanks for your feedback.
Link to my github here.
And here is my nexus profile.

darkedone02

Post by darkedone02 »

Mastery could be useful instead, be something to level up on after maxing out a skill that continues to benefit like a level but possibly smaller dosage but have unlimited mastery? can you imagine having good reduction of spell cost on destruction for example? better spell magnitude? or anything else that can go with other mods when we make better spells?

Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

I don't like the idea of mastery, where you cannot get any better at something. I like how classic Daggerfall from uesp.net lets you raise all skills and attributes past 100 if you train them long enough. When I first played Unity a couple years ago I thought it was a bug where only one skill reached 100 and the rest could only go to 95. Is there a mod that allows all skills, attributes and level to go past 100? Basically no cap, even going past 1000.

darkedone02

Post by darkedone02 »

There is a leveladjuster mod out on nexus that can increase it up to 200, that's usually about it as we don't got too many mods available.

Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

darkedone02 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:46 pm There is a leveladjuster mod out on nexus that can increase it up to 200, that's usually about it as we don't got too many mods available.
Couldn't someone just copy the code from classic Daggerfall that removes caps on everything? I'm playing classic Daggerfall right now and my jumping skill is at 350 at level 49. :mrgreen:
I would love to play Unity but I prefer playing vanilla for that very reason. Despite all the awesomeness that Unity brings, putting those caps on leveling ruins it for me.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The ability to exceed skill 100 in classic came from mods, so anything similar in Unity would be from mods as well ;) If Levelup Adjuster and 200 skill isn't enough, then there isn't any other option yet.

darkedone02

Post by darkedone02 »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:18 am The ability to exceed skill 100 in classic came from mods, so anything similar in Unity would be from mods as well ;) If Levelup Adjuster and 200 skill isn't enough, then there isn't any other option yet.
Correction, it's attributes you can level up beyond 100 with levelup adjuster, but skills are capped to 100 but you can enchant your gear to add in more points.