How to correctly use Physical Combat Overhaul together with Shield Module?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
haloterm

How to correctly use Physical Combat Overhaul together with Shield Module?

Post by haloterm »

I am a bit confused about those two mods. Maybe someone can explain to me:

1. I have browsed through the development threads, but these are a bit unclear from a pure user perspective. So is l3lessed's "Shield Module" on Nexus Mods the same as the Ambidexterity Module on l3lessed's GitHub? Should I use the Ambidexterity mod from the GitHub or the Shield mod from Nexus?

2. When I want to use Physical Combat and Armor Overhaul together with l3lessed's Shield module, do I still need the older shield compatibility patch? Or can I now simply use the 1.42 version of Physical Combat Overhaul? Or should I instead use the Ambidexteriy mod from the GitHub, as one of its recent change notes say "Physical Combat Patcher fixed", which sounds to me as if that would be the most-recent version, made to work with the patch of PCaA?

l3lessed

Re: How to correctly use Physical Combat Overhaul together with Shield Module?

Post by l3lessed »

They do not work together currently.

I apologize for the slow update on that. I have been working on much larger mod overhauls.

However, you can use the newest ambidexterity module with physical combat overhaul. it has a built in patcher for physical combat overhaul, so it will detect it and enabled the proper formula override for compatibility.

You can find it here. I have not put it on Nexus yet, as there is one or two small things I need to finish before giving it an official release.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3948

This has the shield module built in, plus a ton of new features, including allowing the use of both hands, physical weapon simulation, smoothing of animations, recoil animations for when a weapon hits an object, and particle generated sparks that mimic real life sparks with light and color changes.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

l3lessed wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:15 pm However, you can use the newest ambidexterity module with physical combat overhaul. it has a built in patcher for physical combat overhaul, so it will detect it and enabled the proper formula override for compatibility.

You can find it here. I have not put it on Nexus yet, as there is one or two small things I need to finish before giving it an official release.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3948

This has the shield module built in, plus a ton of new features, including allowing the use of both hands, physical weapon simulation, smoothing of animations, recoil animations for when a weapon hits an object, and particle generated sparks that mimic real life sparks with light and color changes.
Thanks for your reply (and no need to apologize at all! We all have other lives. Hopefully ;-) ).

Okay I tried the version from your GitHub :) I think it worked fine, but for some reason I always got a Daedric shield added with the mod installed. :D

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Ignore the shield for now. Left over from an add-on to the mod I was going to create.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

l3lessed wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:46 pm Ignore the shield for now. Left over from an add-on to the mod I was going to create.
Ah okay. Actually I rode to a lonely mountain range and dropped the shield there (my character despises all Daedric), but when I later continued the save, I got another one. Now I have three. ;)

Edit: okay, I think I found the generation code of that shield in the Awake method. Maybe I remove that and build a personal copy, I'll see.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

LOLS, the never ending shield creation.

I'll get an update out to fix this in the next week. Taking some days off from work starting today, and I will see if I can squeeze the time in to bug fix this. I understand this is a really annoying thing to have.