medical/curing

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Regnier

medical/curing

Post by Regnier »

Is it already the case that higher medical allows you to diagnose diseases and poisons earlier, thus giving you more time to treat it?

If not i think that should be the case as well as the ability to cure diseases and poison at high medical skill. (or maybe when supplemented by bandages) without needing a spell or potion.

Higher medical gives you some resistance to disease and poison. maybe max 50% at 100MED

There could be interaction with magic schools, restoration as the obvious one, making those spells more effective etc.

Fatigue could reduce a little slower or you could deal more damage/bonus to hit in backstabbing and crit strike (because you know the vitals)

Perhaps language skills could be tied to a disease in that if you have high medical and a high language skill youll be more resistant to that disease since youve learned so much about it.

A quest could be: A monster is ill and you need to go 'diagnose' it and apply the treatment. But its not just a cure spell it would be an ingredient(s) that is tied to that disease. (or a collection of ingredients, some help, some hurt) It is up to you to apply the right ingredients for the illness.

This would aid all styles of play: mages/INT with restoration/language connection, warrior with diagnosing and treating/resisting, and thief with the combat help (and the overlap).

I think beefing this skill would be a relatively easy but impactful change. Roleplay elements are apparent in addition to possible faction conflicts (mages vs non mage for instance)

What do you think? add your own ideas

Jay_H

Re: medical/curing

Post by Jay_H »

Is it already the case that higher medical allows you to diagnose diseases and poisons earlier, thus giving you more time to treat it?
I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but my quick look through the code shows no such benefit.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:25 am
I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but my quick look through the code shows no such benefit.
damn so medical is really just faster healing while resting. kind of a letdown. It should almost be an alternative to restoration; obviously resto is more powerful, but its magic...

Id like to do a no magic playthrough one day and certain changes would go a long way.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Closest you get atm is that with Roleplay&Realism mods you can use bandages to heal. The higher your medical, the more each bandage heals.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:59 am Closest you get atm is that with Roleplay&Realism mods you can use bandages to heal. The higher your medical, the more each bandage heals.
yes, thats a good start. RR is great.

ive also just had the idea for injuries or wounds. Im sure many have discussed this already but maybe a fall from a high place doesnt just injure you overall, but hurts your legs/feet as an example.

I think an injury would be indicated by taking a small amount of damage for the action. If your legs or feet are injured, running will cause damage. If your arms or hands are hurt, swinging weapons or casting spells will damage. Bandage + rest = healed (or a long time out of dungeon/combat?)

Wounds would occur if you spent a long time with low health (25% or less for instance) or left an injury untreated for too long. Wounds would lower overall stats and relevant skills. Bandage + rest + potion + ??? = healed (or a temple...)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The Requiem mod for Skyrim prevents you from healing injuries naturally. You need to either use magic or use a healing balm, which then slowly takes effect as you rest. Perhaps a similar idea could be used in a mod.