MOD BOUNTY: Enemy Sound Randomizer

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Jay_H

MOD BOUNTY: Enemy Sound Randomizer

Post by Jay_H »

Hello! I'm offering a bounty for someone who creates a functional DFU mod that does the following:

When the game is started, the mod randomizes all enemy sounds according to a seed. This seed changes each time the game is restarted. All the sounds are interchanged among DFU's enemies. Sounds corresponding to human enemies (IE: the Doom grunt) can be excluded. Enemy sounds will not duplicate; each sound will replace one other sound only.

To the first person who presents a working mod with these features, I will create a DFU questline, up to three quests in sequence, according to their direction!

Azteca

Re: MOD BOUNTY: Enemy Sound Randomizer

Post by Azteca »

Interesting. Is the idea that with randomized sounds, you can be genuinely surprised by enemies coming around a corner, or when you enter a room?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yeah, like when you enter a dungeon and you hear a zombie (for example), and when you turn the corner it's not a zombie, it's a Fire Daedra or something. It wouldn't necessarily be for "serious play," but I think it could have some great application for entertainment streams.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

*crickets*

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Nah, I'm not waiting for a fast response on this one. Sooner or later (one year or another), someone's gonna make one!