housing/realtor

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Regnier

housing/realtor

Post by Regnier »

i dont know much about the house buying process but apparently you dont know where in town your house is and you dont get to see the interior etc.

You could go and track it down by scanning the city but maybe that whole system could be improved.

Regnier

Re: housing/realtor

Post by Regnier »

what i had in mind was the ability to reveal the houses for sale so you can see which one you want to buy.

could an npc be placed in every house for sale so we could buy from there?
can townspeople reveal them on maps?

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

My enchanted compass mod has a built in icon for houses for sale. If you enable building icons, houses for sale will have a sign post over them.

Go to a big city, run around with icons on for buildings, and you will see them.

Technically, I could create a quick mod that places a flat or even model of old English style sale sign outside the building. I know how to grab the building objects, find their type, grab their door, and get their position in the world. Could do this, and place it outside the front door.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

l3lessed wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:03 pm My enchanted compass mod has a built in icon for houses for sale. If you enable building icons, houses for sale will have a sign post over them.
Just FYI this will only be a small amount of the actual houses for sale if you're looking at building type from the DF world data. The others are randomly chosen deterministically per calendar month by buildingDirectory.GetHousesForSale() which is an approximation of classic behaviour. Maybe you're already using that? Just thought I'd point it out anyway. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Code: Select all

buildingDirectory.GetHousesForSale()
Thanks for pointing that. I don't think I'm using that method. I can easily work it into the code that finds the for sale buildings.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

The signpost is a good idea, i didnt know if that could be done.

If theres a way to identify that house in the houselist when buying that would be good.

Im sure some houses look similar from the outside so its hard to know which is which.

Some house interiors are funky so i wouldnt want to buy that.

Save scumming is a thing but f that.

People can then import other peoples decorated houses, if possible lol

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

One question, does this method already include those random buildings in the array it pumps out?

Code: Select all

buildingDirectory = Dflocation.GetComponentInChildren<BuildingDirectory>();
buildingDirectory.GetBuildingSummary(building.buildingKey, out SavedBuilding);