Better temples? Potions at the alchemist?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
daggerdude

Better temples? Potions at the alchemist?

Post by daggerdude »

Was also curious if there were any mods that make temples better in terms of sense and playstyle? one of the things that chaps my hide is that mages get all the cool gear when they cant use it, yet a warrior joining julianos is not viable. Ideally, every player should either be able to join the mages guild, or non mage types could join a temple.

What i would like to see is more sensible skill/services based on what actually is fun.
Also, current donation based blessings sort of stink.

The other thing is it's so damned inconvenient to have to go to a temple and join to get potions. I do think it should be cheaper to make your own, but you'd figure a skilled alchemist could and would have some basic potions available for the most important functions, like healing health, restoring mana, fatigue, and curing diseases and individual restore attribute potions.

Seferoth

Re: Better temples? Potions at the alchemist?

Post by Seferoth »

Restore attribute Potions would be amazing, i absolutely hate the idea that you have to join the Temple to cure damaged attributes or join Mage's guild to craft your own restore attribute spells. It completely ruins roleplaying as evil/thief/assassin characters. With roleplay/realism you could even buy them from Alchemists as they sell potions with that option on.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

I just had the idea that witches should be a source for potions/ingredients. They typically have boiling pots and such as part of legend.

They could help you with recipes and ingredients and make more powerful potions.

Help would be predicated on rep and skills.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

It would be cool if special spells like spell absorb/shield or maybe like a +1 permanent attribute boost (costing SHIT TONS) could be had at a witch, or perhaps vampire/lycan disease potions.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

a continuation of my witch idea...

is it part of the lore that witches and their ways are outcasts? that could be used to explain why the alchemist doesnt sell potions.

Instead, the ingredients bought in town are meant to be used individually, to not meddle in witchcraft.

Maybe, then, the ingredients could actually have effects, like in the new TES games.
It could be much simpler for ease of implementation and to keep it simple.
Ingredients could be split between health, magicka and fatigue regen and maybe other everyday use cases.

But combining them is where the magic happens.