Daggerfall Sprite Redux

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
charlieg

Re: Daggerfall Sprite Redux

Post by charlieg »

Always always back up work. Dropbox it. Google Drive it. Hell, One Drive it.

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Maybe this is obvious, but just in case... if the problem with your old computer was not hard drive related, you are aware that you can physically take out the hard drive from your old computer and either plug it to the new one, or (easier and more comfortable) put it in an external USB box and turn it into an external hard drive from which you can just copy the data, right?

For example, I have used TOOQ TQE3518B for this purpose. I'm not sure if it's the best option (I haven't used others to compare) but it's quite cheap, and it works.

http://www.tooq.com/product.php?id=1010&lang=2

This is for desktop-sized hard disks, but there are also solutions for laptop disks.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

charlieg wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:03 am Always always back up work. Dropbox it. Google Drive it. Hell, One Drive it.
I use Crashplan Pro. $10 USD and one computer gets unlimited backup. Downside is, it's slow.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

I switched computers and got rid of the old one but forgot to port over my 2d sprites.

Oh well, thanks everyone for looking for me, i'll have to start. I did a number of weapons and totally new bodies and faces was my last test run.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

so i had quite a few weapons done, was finishing up on chain armor, and I unified and improved bodies so that only male and female variants were needed, unlike daggerfall with multiple item variants due to body differences....

I'm curious how much work it would be to code if i made variants for each weapon and armors and remade the item pool to fit new bodies and faces and stuff. my idea is that there would be transitional armors. leather would have like studded leather, chain would have brigandine, plate would have like gothic plate or some ornate armor. Weapons like the sword would have a falchion or a estoc variant, or daggers would have certain differences.

some of these differences could be coded to make new items. otherwise i'd have to work within the item variant system for armors or something to make the differences, and weapons would be impossible.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Maybe ask Interkarma, The Lacus or other ppl who mess with code :)

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Posted current progress on a nordic scale male set. helm, cuirass, and pauldrons done. let me know what you all think about the style before i finish legs and gauntlets!

my idea is if someone does use this it would be between mail and plate. 7+. was going to make a brigandine transitional set +8 as well in a italian style or 'imperial'