A few Feature Requests and Questions

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Kamer

A few Feature Requests and Questions

Post by Kamer »

1:Request for possible feature

There is a mad lunatic in the streets! He's swinging and swiping away all the locals! They all disappear into thin air! Possibly the man behind the disappearance of the dwemer. I find it kind of immersion breaking whenever I kill a civilian that there is no blood or bodies in the aftermath. In Elder Scrolls The Arena, civilians all had a body after you killed them. Perhaps I want to be a maniac you know? Any plans to add something of the sort? Maybe even have unarmed attacks none-lethal to civials for not giving me a quest location but instead give me an assault charge? (That annoys me that while it's in vanilla, its impossible to get).

2:Being Hunted by Bounty Hunters

Will bounty hunters be sent after you now if, lets say, you take out a loan and decide to flee town? I noticed in the recent build that you have a random chance of a city guard encounter when you rest if you killed someone. I love that they will seriously go after the player once crime is committed. I hope they do the same when they begin spawning in town.
Spoiler!
I'M SORRY
3:Will Horseback riding guards/enemies make it in?

I replaced the guards in the Original Daggerfall to really make them stick out from the crowd and to give myself more immersion in the experience. (Though that was ruined if a city guardsman came for you in a house.) I'd love to see these cut content sprites put to use. A random ecounter in the wilderness with horse riding enemies!

Few screenshots from Vanilla Daggerfall

Jay_H

Re: A few Feature Requests and Questions

Post by Jay_H »

Interkarma actually just implemented the assault charge. It's possible by using a non-damaging spell (for instance, paralysis) on a townsperson.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Well I suppose that's one down already.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes, horses should be high on a list of cut out things to re-implement. We have those animated sprites just sitting there now... but ofc.. thats not a priority atm.