Controls - enhancements/bugs

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Interkarma

Re: Controls - enhancements/bugs

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul has submitted these changes now and they've been merged. Toggle will be in the next round of builds for the following hot-key based interfaces:
  • character sheet
  • inventory
  • log book
  • automaps
  • travel map
  • rest window
  • transportation window
  • spellbook
Thank you for your work on this Nystul! :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Nystul - mate, you're a damn DFU rock star! The only other screen I think would benefit from toggling would be the Inventory interface, but are there some problems there I may not be seeing? Anyway - thank you!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Inventory is in. I did that one as an example for Nystul, and completely forgot about it. Added to list now.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Nice - thank you both for making this change!

EDIT: Just installed latest build (113/Win 7 64-bit) after also having deleted my old keybinds.txt file, and both Nystul's above-listed interface toggles and your removal of the multi-binds that were causing problems earlier seem to be working flawlessly. Cheers again for the enhancements and fixes.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

One more idea: an option in the DFU startup settings for Run and Sneak to function as always on/always off toggles, similar to the way Crouch already functions in game. This wouldn't be quite as big of a game-changer as "click to attack", but I think many players would find it a convenient change from the vanilla controls.

And on stealth mechanics - I understand the Stealth passive skill is always checked when near hostiles, with the Sneak stance enhancing the skill (my Stealth skill levels up near hostiles whether or not I use Sneak). But does the Crouch stance also increase Stealth benefits? If not, what is the gameplay purpose of Crouch?