Jay H's general thread

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Narf the Mouse

Re: Jay H's general thread

Post by Narf the Mouse »

jayhova wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:36 am
Narf the Mouse wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:19 am *Psst* You left your guild visible. :lol:
Sorry that should read The Lollipop Guild
...My wallet!
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

One thing I didn't include was desirability. Items such as gardens, statues, the palace, luxury item stores, high level houses raise the desirability of a location much in the way these things worked in the Caesar series of building games. Higher level merchants will be more attracted to these areas and will be more able to ignore the larger exclusion zones generated by these areas. In short higher quality merchants can move into better areas of town without the locals complaining,
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

pango

Post by pango »

Just found this thread, looking whether cursed items had already been suggested.
Mind blown!
At least, 6 years later, some of it got implemented
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm frankly embarrassed at most of the things I wrote in here. I'd have locked this topic myself if I didn't consider it mod abuse :lol: But perhaps it'll foment some ideas out there and it'll help someone! Maybe!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

The new mob variants are cool tho 😊

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yeah, that's one of the few takeaways I'd enjoy from this topic. If support for modding in new enemies comes smoothly, maybe we'll see some poison atronachs or black widows out there...

risk

Post by risk »

this is a fantastic list of ideas Jay!
i notice that quite a few have been implemented since you started this thread.

i was wondering whether a more simple food mod could be done to have further benefits from food and drink, but without all the other details in climate and calories mod. then you could implement the food vendor idea - would make cities very alive!

having an npc food vendor beside the airships guy would be neat. especially if the vendor sold kebabs. i don't know if this would be lore-consistent - but from where i live, kebabs are the only thing available late night onwards. so it might make sense if the food vendor after hours (even when the gates are closed), sold kebabs.. lol

risk

Post by risk »

also did anyone ever pursue the 'chaotic content' idea?
sounds like something fun to do even after main quest has been completed.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I could easily do it, but no one would like it. Having daedra randomly spawn around you, or getting the Plague for no reason, is something that does not appeal to anyone I know :lol:

risk

Post by risk »

haha!
maybe semi-chaotic content.. like pub brawls, undead attacking cities, notices to evacuate to another area..
i guess the question is should there be more challenging content at level 20 - or is it time to restart with a new character?