Better referencing of hidden attributes

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
BansheeXYZ

Better referencing of hidden attributes

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Currently, you can click on HEALTH on your character stats screen and it will say your disease status.

Does anyone think it would make sense to have LEVEL clickable in order to tell the player how many attr and hit points he will gain next level? This information is not referenced outside the char creator and I feel like it should be.

Similarly, clicking RACE could display your race advantages and bonuses in case you forgot.

Lastly, clicking CLASS could display your adv/disadv per the custom creator.
Last edited by BansheeXYZ on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feralwarlord

Re: Better referencing of hidding attributes

Post by Feralwarlord »

health and attribute points gained on level up are dice rolls. The others could be nice to have though

BansheeXYZ

Re: Better referencing of hidding attributes

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Feralwarlord wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:47 am health and attribute points gained on level up are dice rolls. The others could be nice to have though
Correct, but it's random within a range. HP is also slightly modified by endurance.

My char has 40 endurance, so his window would say:

"You gain 4-6 attribute points and 1-29 health points per level."

It could also ignore the modifier and just say:

"You naturally gain 4-6 attribute points and 1-30 health points per level."

Jay_H

Re: Better referencing of hidden attributes

Post by Jay_H »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:08 amLastly, clicking CLASS could display your adv/disadv per the custom creator.
If you click on the "History" button on the F5 screen in classic, it'll tell you your advantages and disadvantages.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:46 pm If you click on the "History" button on the F5 screen in classic, it'll tell you your advantages and disadvantages.
Interesting... I think it makes more sense under class, but at least they put it somewhere.

Does anyone think it's bizarre that gold is part of the char sheet instead of mana? Like, why is hp and even encumbrance given top billing, but mana requires clicking INT. Gold is an inventory item. I propose editing the char sheet like so:

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Displaying spell points on the character sheet would be a nice little improvement - it's in fact the first among many UI improvements I've suggested here: https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1042. Looking forward to more of these usability enhancements getting implemented in future!
Last edited by mikeprichard on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

isn't it spell points instead of mana in daggerfall? Can't remember the term mana in vanilla df...

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Magicka ;)

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Jay_H is right. It should say Magicka. My bad. Mana was simply easier to draw in.

Hit Points and Spell Points are technical descriptions used by certain game windows, but the in-world terms are Health and Magicka.

Fatigue is also the wrong term. Should say Stamina. Fatigue is the lack of stamina. Having 150 out of 150 fatigue would mean you are totally drained of energy.

Whoever did the char sheet at Bethesda should be fired! :lol: *Runs off and drinks a fatigue potion*