Suggestion: Attributes above 100

Talk about the mods or features you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
meritamas

Re: Suggestion: Attributes above 100

Post by meritamas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:56 am

I would like to further consider modding the attribute system one day - at least to be able to judge how difficult it would be to implement a given idea.

Does anybody know of a reliable source where I could find when and how the game takes into account the various attributes? The formulae themselves and when and for what they are used could be most informative.

I would particularly like to start with how high a maximum could be set for the individual attributes that wouldn't break game mechanics. Clearly, all formulae that use the given attribute need to be studied. I appreciate your help.
At this point, I aim to improve DFU by formulating ideas and working out some details of how things could work better.

Sandro

Post by Sandro » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:16 am

Just thought I'd pop in and express my interest in this subject as a feature. Enhancing stats above the natural is commonplace in the later games. Becoming a lycanthrope or a vampire feels almost purely negative at a high level without being able to go above normal stats.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:44 am

Indeed, it's hard to imagine a Morrowind without incredibly broken basic mechanics :lol:
ON HIATUS. Will be difficult to find.
Come join the Unofficial Daggerfall Unity Discord.
See the Daggerfall Unity Wiki on the UESP.

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:57 am

Jay_H wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:44 am
Indeed, it's hard to imagine a Morrowind without incredibly broken basic mechanics :lol:
I mean, isn't everything being broken just part of the charm of old games? Hell, look at Marvel vs Capcom 2 pros, they love their balance nice and broken :lol: