Suggestion: Attributes above 100

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
meritamas

Re: Suggestion: Attributes above 100

Post by meritamas »

I would like to further consider modding the attribute system one day - at least to be able to judge how difficult it would be to implement a given idea.

Does anybody know of a reliable source where I could find when and how the game takes into account the various attributes? The formulae themselves and when and for what they are used could be most informative.

I would particularly like to start with how high a maximum could be set for the individual attributes that wouldn't break game mechanics. Clearly, all formulae that use the given attribute need to be studied. I appreciate your help.
Interest in expanding and improving the Magic system, Capitalism and an Unleveled World.

My main quest in the DFU community is my (Mostly) Magic Mod.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Just thought I'd pop in and express my interest in this subject as a feature. Enhancing stats above the natural is commonplace in the later games. Becoming a lycanthrope or a vampire feels almost purely negative at a high level without being able to go above normal stats.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Indeed, it's hard to imagine a Morrowind without incredibly broken basic mechanics :lol:

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:44 am Indeed, it's hard to imagine a Morrowind without incredibly broken basic mechanics :lol:
I mean, isn't everything being broken just part of the charm of old games? Hell, look at Marvel vs Capcom 2 pros, they love their balance nice and broken :lol:

Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

So has nobody made a mod that lets attributes and skills go past 100? All the mods we have for Daggerfall Unity and nobody has made this yet?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Tes96 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:39 pm So has nobody made a mod that lets attributes and skills go past 100? All the mods we have for Daggerfall Unity and nobody has made this yet?
Well, I just posted this earlier today? :D

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3337