Dreaming: overhauled procedural generation and other Tamriel provinces

Talk about the mods or features you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Rytelier

Dreaming: overhauled procedural generation and other Tamriel provinces

Post by Rytelier » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Daggerfall has world in scale of real world, but it's super boring. Heh. Old game got pretty ambitious. But now we are in 2018, the tech gone forward a lot and we have a Daggerfall remake on a powerful engine, what more is needed?

As tradition is in TES games, there will be mods that will completely flip graphics upside down and make it modern. But graphics won't look that good without completely overhauled landscapes. And it will need some completely remade procedural generation algorithms, that will add more than just randomly scattered trees. Yes, this is hard and very ambitious and I'm not expecting modders to make it in 5 minutes, but anyway, it should be tried at least.
Allow the world for more variety, dense forests, rivers, lakes, canyons, mountains, etc.
Also better dungeons, with more variety and different variants, allowing not only for expansive crypts, but also caves, dwemer ruins, etc.
Maybe there are some good free Unity libraries that can help with that?

Also as another TES modding tradition is, modding other Tamriel provinces into the game. It would be interesting to have different lands in real world scale. I'd like to see Morrowind like this, just imagine:
https://www.deviantart.com/thornspine/a ... -486142377

I don't know how much is it possible to achieve, if there's someone experienced with that, tell me.

Narf the Mouse

Re: Dreaming: overhauled procedural generation and other Tamriel provinces

Post by Narf the Mouse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:33 am

As an Easter Egg, if you play the game for thirty in-game years and are arrested in Cyrodiil, you wake up in the Imperial Dungeons with an annoying Dunmer in the opposite cell...
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.