Teleport spell anchor active icon

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Midknightprince

Teleport spell anchor active icon

Post by Midknightprince »

In classic there's no real "easy" way to tell if you have a Teleport spell anchored already, it would be ideal if the spell could leave an icon on the screen or maybe in the spell book, just so every time you load up a game and start out for a quest you don't have to worry about if it's anchored or not, and the madness that invariably ensues...and there will be madness...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

BansheeXYZ

Re: Teleport spell anchor active icon

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Wouldn't that result in a permanent icon? Unless you can de-anchor or something,...

A better mod might be to just add a more powerful teleport spell. I'm thinking something like "Memory Rift" where you can teleport to a ground tile on the automap that you've already explored. There's just too much backtracking without something like this due to dungeon size.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Or a notification: "You have an anchor active. Are you sure you want to cast this spell?" :)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:22 pm Or a notification: "You have an anchor active. Are you sure you want to cast this spell?" :)
That works, and IMO fits the classic Daggerfall aesthetic better.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.