Request: Type in spell name to search your spellbook

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Narf the Mouse

Request: Type in spell name to search your spellbook

Post by Narf the Mouse »

With a long list of spells, finding the one you want can be a hassle. With a search function, you could type in "fire" and narrow down to all of your spells with the text "fire" in the name.

But I have an ulterior motive. While this would be useful for searching, the real reason is so that I can set up VoiceAttack so that I can cast spells by saying their names.

I mean, enough said right there, right? :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

BansheeXYZ

Re: Request: Type in spell name to search your spellbook

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Anther option would be to just alphabetize the spells list. I don't understand why vanilla didn't do this.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's a good idea. I'd also like this for searching save games.
BansheeXYZ wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:19 am Anther option would be to just alphabetize the spells list. I don't understand why vanilla didn't do this.
I implemented the "sort" button to alphabetise the list a few releases back. :D

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Interkarma wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:32 amI implemented the "sort" button to alphabetise the list a few releases back. :D
Ah. Well... it's hard to realize that's there. After all, it's not a button, it's text between buttons, and it didn't do anything in vanilla. So naturally, I didn't think it did anything.