Magicka Regeneration - Ready for testing; definitely not ready for prime-time

Talk about the mods or features you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
jayhova

Re: Magicka Regeneration - Ready for testing; definitely not ready for prime-time

Post by jayhova » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:05 pm

I was thinking that rather than base your magicka regeneration off of the amount you have used, base it instead off of your physical condition which would be a average of your health and fatigue. So in the morning you would regenerate much faster than if wounded or tired or both.

Something like {RegRt= X(H+F)/T} where T is Time in seconds, F is Fatigue, H is Health and RegRt is the Regeneration Rate of your Magicka. So lets say for ease of discussion, your health is 50 and your fatigue is also 50 and X was .0001 then you would regen at .1/1 or 1 point every 10 seconds. You could bias this so the gen rate does not climb in proportion to your magicka and a really powerful mage might take all day to regen their magic where a low level might totally regen in 3 hours.

Narf the Mouse

Re: Magicka Regeneration - Ready for testing; definitely not ready for prime-time

Post by Narf the Mouse » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:09 am

jayhova wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:05 pm
I was thinking that rather than base your magicka regeneration off of the amount you have used, base it instead off of your physical condition which would be a average of your health and fatigue. So in the morning you would regenerate much faster than if wounded or tired or both.

Something like {RegRt= X(H+F)/T} where T is Time in seconds, F is Fatigue, H is Health and RegRt is the Regeneration Rate of your Magicka. So lets say for ease of discussion, your health is 50 and your fatigue is also 50 and X was .0001 then you would regen at .1/1 or 1 point every 10 seconds. You could bias this so the gen rate does not climb in proportion to your magicka and a really powerful mage might take all day to regen their magic where a low level might totally regen in 3 hours.
That's what this was missing - options! I knew it was missing something. :)

I should be able to get to this over the weekend, but also that's not the only thing I want to do. Also I need to do a bit of planning. )
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.