Unleveled world

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Ralzar

Re: Unleveled world

Post by Ralzar »

pango wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:25 pm Or simply pseudo-random seed dungeons levels...
As you said there:
pango wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:19 pm Yes, seeding is the way to go, much cheaper.
I was thinking of adding adjectives to dungeon names in dialogs, but tying difficulty and dungeon types could probably work fine too, with the right enemies mapping...
Another option is to use the dungeon names and define them as difficulty levels. They all follow a pattern of "Ruins Of", "Laboratory", "Castle" and a couple more I can't remember at the moment. These could be used for difficulty ranges. So if a "Ruins of" shows up, you know it'll be easy, but if a "Laboratory" shows up you know it'll be really difficult.

Edit; Just realized I suggested this just two pages back in this same thread. I'm going to bed :oops:

Rand

Post by Rand »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:17 pm Yeah, that's definitely a part of classic. I've run into my share of Ancient Liches at level 3 :lol:
I tried re-playing classic a couple of years ago. Whenever I (repeatedly) rested in a specific dungeon (that originally had easy enemies), ancient liches spawned like crazy. One room had 20 of them on the same spawn point, all overlapped. Had to cheat-blast them to even get out of there (blocked paths to all exits).

Tried again in a different dungeon. Cleared it out and rested like crazy. Ancient liches from around the land flocked there to kill me. Insanity...

gulags

Post by gulags »

I hope interkarma sees this post

gulags

Post by gulags »

bump

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

There's no need to bump a post 3 minutes later ;) If someone wants to mod it that'll be their choice, but Interkarma very rarely deals with mods.

gulags

Post by gulags »

bump

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

gulags wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:39 pmbump
I'm curious gulags, why are you bumping this topic?

gulags

Post by gulags »

because I really wish someone would make this a thing as I can't stand level scaling

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It'll happen if anyone chooses to; bumping a topic no one else is posting in is merely disruptive ;) Some others like Ralzar have already made progress in that regard, and if anyone has something to offer, they'll no doubt announce it here.

gulags

Post by gulags »

fair enough