Mod Idea: Difficulty setting mod

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
TheMuffinman1988

Mod Idea: Difficulty setting mod

Post by TheMuffinman1988 »

I am wondering would a difficulty mod be possible to make, maybe a damage multiplier, so if your playing on a harder difficulty you may hit half as hard and enemies may hit you twice as harder. This will allow people to have more challenging experiences in Daggerfall without gimping their class.

Jay_H

Re: Mod Idea: Difficulty setting mod

Post by Jay_H »

Agreed. Classic had a utility called DF-MONST that allowed you to multiply enemy health and armor class. I was quite happy to raise them to 2 or 3 times their normal value to give me a real challenge.

Damage is a trickier matter I think, since most classes are really fragile anyway. If someone programmed it I'm sure it'd end up useful to someone.

Actually, I'm wondering if this is something DFU reads from classic files. Would altering this change DFU's values?

TheMuffinman1988

Post by TheMuffinman1988 »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:21 am Agreed. Classic had a utility called DF-MONST that allowed you to multiply enemy health and armor class. I was quite happy to raise them to 2 or 3 times their normal value to give me a real challenge.

Damage is a trickier matter I think, since most classes are really fragile anyway. If someone programmed it I'm sure it'd end up useful to someone.

Actually, I'm wondering if this is something DFU reads from classic files. Would altering this change DFU's values?
As for the Df-MONST tool, I imagine that will also work with Unity as long as you edit the Daggerfall folder that Unity is reading?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Some values are read directly from the Daggerfall installation, but others run off of DFU's own values. We'll have to see what the devs say :)

I for my own part am trying to run DF-MONST and it's not working for me at all :( I can't test it for now.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I used DF-MONST on my DF installation and it doesn't alter stats once you get into DFU. Too bad! All the more reason for someone to develop a parallel now :)