a couple of ideas

Talk about the mods or features you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
meritamas

a couple of ideas

Post by meritamas » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:58 am

I am new to Daggerfall altogether, so if need be just point me in the right direction and show me what I need to read to get an answer.

I like it if a RPG is realistic.

There are some features I encountered in later elder scrolls games that - implemeted as a mod - might make Daggerfall more enjoyable to me.
1. Alchemy performed by the player. Perhaps under some conditions, like specialized equipment present in your house.
2. Enchantment performed by the player. It would require high stats in the relevant fields, and possibly special circumstances, but I think it would be good is this was possible.
3. Books from the rest of Tamriel. I have an impression that in Oblivion the PC can read a copious amount of books on a variety of topics, research lore etc. I think if more books could be found in Daggerfall, it would enhance the experience. I think the best places to place such books would be in main libraries, or as rare things to find in sacred or special.
4. Oblivion, the Daedric realm. In Oblivion I read some lore that there were ways to try and enter the realm of Deadra even before all hell broke lose. They involved special places and you needed to meet several conditions. I think such a possibility might be an enhancement to Daggerfall later on. I don't see any reason why one or more such a special place could not be in High Rock or Hammerfell...

Other ideas.
- Food. The fatigue and magicka systems of Daggerfall seem much more realistic in comparison to Morrowind and especially to Oblivion, but still, there is the issue that you don't need food to survive. Do you see any (feasible) way to fix this in a mod to Daggerfall Unity?
- Extending the map. Do you see any feasible way the map could be extended to further areas of Tamriel?
At this point, I aim to improve DFU by formulating ideas and working out some details of how things could work better.