[Request] Control over MOB prefabs

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
MasonFace

[Request] Control over MOB prefabs

Post by MasonFace »

Please consider this a non-critical request. There's certainly no need to address this before 1.0 release.

I would like to enhance the enemies (MOBs) with scripts to create a much more dynamic and visually appealing experience for the player, but my understanding is that we cannot currently replace enemy prefabs while retaining the proper serialization. I would really like this feature to be supported in the future to allow the following applications:
  • Control the emission value so that red glowing eyes and fire daedra/golems can flicker dynamically in the dark.
  • Spawn dynamic light on fire daedra/golems and enemies with magic staffs so they illuminate the world space.
  • Sprite shader changed to less efficient true transparency when the ghosts/wraiths get sufficiently close to the player.
  • Control the alpha value so the ghost/wraith's transparency can fluctuate.
  • Disable shadows for ghosts/wraiths and vampires (Pango's idea, how cool is that?!)
  • Spawn blood particles (when appropriate) that behave according to physics and leave splatters (decals) on walls and the ground.

I'm sure there are lots of other really cool stuff that could be done if we could only add scripts to the enemy prefabs.

Thanks for your consideration!

EDIT: Perhaps this should be moved into Developer Discussion?

King of Worms

Re: [Request] Control over MOB prefabs

Post by King of Worms »

When possible to implement, I have stored on my HDD some mobs, which are of higher resolution and more importantly, higher frame counts than anything found in game archives.