I want to join every Knightly order and Temple!

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Timmuborgir

I want to join every Knightly order and Temple!

Post by Timmuborgir »

In vanilla I loved joining every possible faction and having a huge list of factions, then doing a circle around the bay questing. Yeah they may be practicaly the same but I still loved it and I probably wouldn't have gone to some of the different "counties"(?) Without this feature. So is there a way I can implement this? I see in the console command there is a guildjoin option but I couldn't figure it out. I really want this PLEASE! Thank you-Timmu

Hazelnut

Re: I want to join every Knightly order and Temple!

Post by Hazelnut »

I implemented this as vanilla works I believe, pretty sure you can only join a single temple and knightly order in classic daggerfall.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

You could in older versions. The restriction to one of each was added in patch v1.04.191.

From the changelog: "You can no [sic] only join one temple and knightly order now."

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

I'd like it too, but this should be implemented as a MOD. I'll do it myself, probably it isn't even that complicated, but unfortunately I haven't the slightest idea how to do it :? :oops:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Nope this will not be easy at all. Each DF guild group has a membership, and there's a single one for Holy Orders (Temples) and Knightly Orders. The type of order is a variant based on deity. So fundamentally, the way it's implemented means only one membership is possible for each.

Why do you want to join them all anyway, it's an RPG. Make some choices and accept the consequences. Leave something for other characters.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:15 am Nope this will not be easy at all. Each DF guild group has a membership, and there's a single one for Holy Orders (Temples) and Knightly Orders. The type of order is a variant based on deity. So fundamentally, the way it's implemented means only one membership is possible for each.
Pity, it could have been an incentive to visit more regions :) I can understand however that the choice to make possible to join for example only one Knightly Order means that you can serve only one Royal Family ...
Hazelnut wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:15 am Why do you want to join them all anyway, it's an RPG. Make some choices and accept the consequences. Leave something for other characters.
Oh well, because in a game I love to join every possible faction and do all the possible things :lol: :lol: :lol:
For example, in Skyrim first I sided with the Empire and defeated the Storm Cloaks, then I joined the Dark Brotherhood and killed the Emperor because he was behind the murder of my beloved Astrid :x :evil: :lol:

Timmuborgir

Post by Timmuborgir »

For me it was the best way I played the game. It Gave me a reason to spend some personal time in each region.

pango

Post by pango »

Could it be replaced by the feature of easily leaving those factions (easily = without having to painstakingly ruin your reputation with them until you get expelled)?
That way you could join all factions with the same character, not just all of them at once, which seems mechanically difficult according to Hazelnut's comment above, not to mention feels a bit weird to me, specially for temples.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I posted a suggestion:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2951

When joining a guild, change the "Join Guild" button to "Leave Guild". Clicking it gives a rep penalty and removes the membership.