SteelSeries GameSense

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Hazelnut

SteelSeries GameSense

Post by Hazelnut »

I recently had to replace my monitor as my trusty 16:10 samsung started to die. I got a 1440p 144Hz MSI MPG27CQ with GameSense integration.. basically it has some programmable led strips under the screen. I'm not really into the RGB stuff and when I get stuff that glows it does that unseen inside the dull beige tower case I bought about 15 years ago. However I was interested in this because these strips can display health, ammo and other statuses from the game being played... in other words they are functional not just pretty. This wasn't the deciding factor in getting the monitor, but it did help decide from that last 3 on my shortlist.

Imagine my annoyance when I installed it all and found it's supported by all of 3 games: DOTA, Minecraft and CS:GO! Great. :evil:

All I've done since is disable the stupid LEDs and pretend I wasn't suckered. lol :lol: It's a great monitor though so not too upset. One day I may even have a gfx card that can use 144Hz refresh too...

However I am thinking of adding GameSense integration for DFU health, stamina, and magic levels. Seems a lot of hassle just for my own benefit, so wondering if anyone else out there would like it. (I may still just do it anyway)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods