Populate the underwater areas with unused water sprites

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
King of Worms

Re: Populate the underwater areas with unused water sprites

Post by King of Worms »

Ommamar wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:03 pm This does bring up the question of how do slaughter fish and Dreugh (sp) end up in under water dungeon areas? What could they eat other then you who only wanders in on occasion?
And what does tigers eat in dungeons
What do big spiders eat
What abou giants?

Lets add farmhouses everywhere and supply roads to dungeons, maybe local dungeons canteens

Than all will make sense and be so realistic

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:34 am
Ommamar wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:03 pm This does bring up the question of how do slaughter fish and Dreugh (sp) end up in under water dungeon areas? What could they eat other then you who only wanders in on occasion?
And what does tigers eat in dungeons
What do big spiders eat
What abou giants?
I know this one. Unlucky adventurers :lol: :lol: :lol:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

:) yea but the fish do the same, and maybe they do not eat so much because they are in a cold water and their metabolism is slow. Than one old giant might fall in the water, tiger goes for a drink and is eaten by fish, all kinds of things happen in dungeons when you dont watch

greenlight

Post by greenlight »

Sirellyn wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:44 pm Was thinking of getting to doing a heightmap mod for the ocean areas and populating them waay down the road.
If someone else is planning on this, great! I suspect the current heightmaps lowest point is sea level, meaning you'd need a completely new (reverse) height map for the water areas.
Populating them with random underwater flora is trivial. Making it more intelligent will be a bit harder. And adding locations may be tricky.
If I remember correctly, the original heightmap went below sea level, i.e. sea level was not at zero height. There was some discussion on this on the old XL-Engine forums and its IRC channel. However, I'm not absolutely sure about this and can't find a source at the moment.

Sirellyn

Post by Sirellyn »

I did find a version of the heightmap that shows lower. Unity terrain also has some bugs when not placing it at 0 on the Y axis. The base heightmap is incredibly boring but pretty easy to do. Maybe I'll look over making that after finish some location tools I'm working on.
greenlight wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:22 pm If I remember correctly, the original heightmap went below sea level, i.e. sea level was not at zero height. There was some discussion on this on the old XL-Engine forums and its IRC channel. However, I'm not absolutely sure about this and can't find a source at the moment.