Reputation Tracker

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Johnny4Handsome

Reputation Tracker

Post by Johnny4Handsome »

I think a nice addition to the character sheet would be a place where you could view your current reputation in the game, since it plays such a major role with questing behind the scenes and is constantly changing. It could be as simple as a tab off of the "Affiliations" button that shows you the same bar graph you use when editing your starting reputation as a custom class.

Just a thought!

mikeprichard

Re: Reputation Tracker

Post by mikeprichard »

Agree! This was previously requested at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1042.

chtujo

Post by chtujo »

If you've ever edited a Daggerfall save file, and have looked the reputations, you'll realize that there are hundreds of different entities. It's not as simple as the character creation scene makes it out to be. I would still like something similar to this, but I can't imagine it being easy to navigate through, or implement.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums! :)

This would indeed be a useful QoL feature. As CHAPPJO mentions though, it's no easy feat to squeeze this into a UI. There are hundreds of factions being tracked under the hood that all have parent-child relationships along with allies and enemies. The UI you see during character creation is just tweaking social groups at a high level. It might be doable just to add a simple social group UI, but a deep dive into faction relationships is something else.

Perhaps this could be done in a compendium format? Combine the faction info with lore around each faction and click-through their relationships. If it was fleshed out enough, players could "wiki-binge" through the faction compendium to learn about the world and their standing within it.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:09 pm Perhaps this could be done in a compendium format? Combine the faction info with lore around each faction and click-through their relationships. If it was fleshed out enough, players could "wiki-binge" through the faction compendium to learn about the world and their standing within it.
That would be real slick!

Johnny4Handsome

Post by Johnny4Handsome »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:09 pm There are hundreds of factions being tracked under the hood
I was so caught up with the graphic layout of what it would look like in the UI, I didn't even consider that! Thanks for the explanation though :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Currently the rep for memberships of guilds (affiliations) is being shown but this was only ever intended to be debug info to make testing and bugfixing the guild code easier. Suppose it's probably time to remove these numbers now...
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods