Daggerfall Equipment Rebalance

Talk about the mods or features you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Zomgmeister

Re: Daggerfall Equipment Rebalance

Post by Zomgmeister » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:48 pm

I thought about components of speed and range, but decided not to use these in that writeup, because what I tried to do is to change as few things as possible to keep it simple, not because it should always stay true to the original by some reason (it's not), but, well, because I thought it would be sort of trivial to do. Seems it is not, at the moment :)

Of course speed and range, if we'll be able to change these, are extremely good things to play with. Fast shortsword or slow but long pike? (Pike, with backpedal, yeah... but that's a different story.)

Ommamar

Re: Daggerfall Equipment Rebalance

Post by Ommamar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:40 pm

I understand that strategy Zomgmeister, the thought of range and speed modifiers would be the next step. While I have always enjoyed TES as a whole I have never thought Bethesda has been any good at simulating combat. The system that was being developed in Daggerfall never made it any further so I think we have an opportunity to make it better in DFU.