Simple Lighting Mod for player based light sources

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
GreatSphynx

Simple Lighting Mod for player based light sources

Post by GreatSphynx »

I'm looking into a lot of the modding tutorials right now to try something like this myself, however I have no experience with Unity. Just some experience coding in different languages.

I'd really like if the color temperature of the player light sources were adjustable. Right now even just using a simple torch produces a very blue/white light which feels very unnatural to me. Like you're walking around with a bright white LED torch.

Being able to change the color temp would be really nice, as well as adding a simple flickering effect to various light sources. Not sure how complicated this would be though, as I haven't really dug into it yet.

I know there is a lighting review planned during the alpha stage, so just a thought.

ShortBeard

Re: Simple Lighting Mod for player based light sources

Post by ShortBeard »

GreatSphynx wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:47 pm I'm looking into a lot of the modding tutorials right now to try something like this myself, however I have no experience with Unity. Just some experience coding in different languages.

I'd really like if the color temperature of the player light sources were adjustable. Right now even just using a simple torch produces a very blue/white light which feels very unnatural to me. Like you're walking around with a bright white LED torch.

Being able to change the color temp would be really nice, as well as adding a simple flickering effect to various light sources. Not sure how complicated this would be though, as I haven't really dug into it yet.

I know there is a lighting review planned during the alpha stage, so just a thought.

I just finished a mod here that will allow you to change the color of your torch, among many other things! viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2479

I planned to have the player torch flicker, but that's not implemented yet. I have to test that part out a little more. It should be finished some time today :)