idea for a better critical hit mod

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
jayhova

idea for a better critical hit mod

Post by jayhova »

I was asking myself how critical hits could be done in a non-game breaking way. So I came up with this idea. Scrap the current bonus to hit system. instead Crits work like this:

there is a standard success check to see if the skill is applied. On success the PC rolls normal damage. the PC then gets a second roll that is multiplied by 1/100 of the skill, the result rounded up to the nearest whole number.

So at a skill of 50 half the time you will damage1 + (damage2 x .50)
At a skill of 100 all the time you will damage1 + damage2

I strongly suggest not just multiplying damage1 by .01x skill as this will flatten out the results curve
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Firebrand

Re: idea for a better critical hit mod

Post by Firebrand »

I like it :)

I suggest a name for the mod: Real Critical Strike :lol: :lol: :lol:

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I do like the idea that the luck stat could modify a crit chance of success or the extra damage.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Luck is another thing I don't think was implemented as intended, the description for it is very misleading as the only thing it modifies is hit chance and a small effect on climbing (Still a mystery what the thought process is on that, looking at the code it seemed to have a slight chance on your success chance when trying to climb).

I like you idea of a separate roll for a critical strike occurring and agree that a damage modifier is a more logical implementation of it.