My list of suggestions for Daggerfall Unity mods

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
OMightyBuggy

My list of suggestions for Daggerfall Unity mods

Post by OMightyBuggy »

My list of suggestions for Daggerfall Unity mods. :o

-Droppable tent that acts like a small house with bed or bedroll.
-Droppable fireplace (act as light), droppable items (placeables) to place in your house, droppable boat (dinghy) and spikes (enemies walk over them and you can too)! :lol:
-Place bought paintings in your home.
-Buy droppable furniture for your home and ship.
-Make a lager cart to hull more for a larger price. Slower cart when used.
-A buyable house in Gothway Garden (small and large choice).
-Being able to write text (like an in game textbox) on dungeon walls.
-Merchants can write letters of credit for you with a larger fee than a bank.
-Throwing weapons.
-More random names, more random NPC names, ability to add names you want.
-Writing on the map like vanilla Daggerfall except the writing stays even if you leave the (farm, city, town).
-Guards can use levitate when you levitate to run away from them. Maybe add an aura to show that the guards are using levitate. Add the cost of levitating to the court decision if you are caught.
-Give a better variety of goods/loot in stores based on level and luck.
-NPCs can disappear at doors of shops to give the illusion of them shopping.
-Hear the audio "Halt" if you are standing in a fountain. Not enforced of course.
-Training doesn't take 12 hours of rest to train again. Maybe a slider in the settings for user choice.
-Magic items don't break but can't be used at it's lowest condition until repaired. (Kind of upsetting for me when yesterday I lost my Mithril sword). :(
-Horses can come in other colors.
-Ability to go to "Orsinium Area" if you manually walk or ride there.
-Add banks to "Betony" and "Isle of Balfiera" because looting from dungeons can make a lot of money and you can get encumbered fast.
-Add new cities and towns to "Betony", "Isle of Balfiera" and "Orsinium Area" that are lore friendly but not noted in lore. (They felt really empty).
-A button for lighting a torch or if you are out of torches cast light if you have it.
-Slider for enemies sounds to be turned down. (Rats and bats 'em I right?) :lol:
-Random enemies for the first dungeon Privateer's Hold.
-Knock on closed gates to ask for them to open at night (for bad climbers). Auto close gates after entering the gates. Requires a good disposition.
-Bribe NPCs to give up better information. (Maybe use pickpocket hand on them and have a window pop up to ask for pickpocket or bribe).
-NPCs can say more than vanilla comments.
-Main quest notes are put in the Journal instead of being in your pack.
-Backpack item to give you more weight to hull stuff at the cost of walking and running speed.
-Shoe type give better or worse walking and running speed. Armor boots are normal speed/neutral. (Mostly to make shoes and sandles to get some love other than armor boots).
-Clothes (type/quality) can make people like or hate you. Example is if you are wearing fancy stuff you can approach a king or queen and "___x___" then wearing armor or low quality clothes. King and queen won't talk to you in rags. Approaching a merchant in fancy clothes makes them "___x___" or charge you more. Wearing rag like clothes makes merchants pity for "___x___" or less priced goods. Armor or "full armor with clothes" is neutral.

I had much more suggestions but I forgot them at the moment. I will add more if I can remember. Hopefully some can be implemented into the game.

Johnny4Handsome

Re: My list of suggestions for Daggerfall Unity mods

Post by Johnny4Handsome »

Welcome to the forums!

You might want to look around the forums and see what mods are already in the works, and then figure out what idea of yours relates to which project; because as nice as some of these ideas are, you can't really expect people to go sifting through a giant list like this. The more you look around, the more you're going to see that people aren't really short on feature ideas, but rather implementation ideas for the feature they're already working on.

A lot of the guys building the mods do a good job of conveying what the limitations are on the DFU engine, so that can help you reign in the scope of your ideas too. I think you'll find that if you present your ideas in a more constructive and consumable way, people are far more likely to take them into consideration.

OMightyBuggy

Post by OMightyBuggy »

Johnny4Handsome wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:07 am Welcome to the forums!

You might want to look around the forums and see what mods are already in the works, and then figure out what idea of yours relates to which project; because as nice as some of these ideas are, you can't really expect people to go sifting through a giant list like this. The more you look around, the more you're going to see that people aren't really short on feature ideas, but rather implementation ideas for the feature they're already working on.

A lot of the guys building the mods do a good job of conveying what the limitations are on the DFU engine, so that can help you reign in the scope of your ideas too. I think you'll find that if you present your ideas in a more constructive and consumable way, people are far more likely to take them into consideration.
Just got excited. :D I will look around more and maybe I can find a way to help out too. :)

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

-Droppable tent that acts like a small house with bed or bedroll.
-Droppable fireplace (act as light)
These might fit well in Roleplay & Realism mod pack by Hazelnut.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Well someone will need to model a tent then. Pretty sure if you don't have a fire and sleep in wilds you will stand a chance of being attacked by wildlife. :twisted:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

biz633

Post by biz633 »

Your last suggestion of clothing and armor dictating reputation with NPCs is also something I have always wanted in the Elder Scrolls series. Might I add the idea of cloaks being used to help give a character anonymity when the hood is raised. Also nude characters more appealing to spriggans.

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:25 pm Well someone will need to model a tent then. Pretty sure if you don't have a fire and sleep in wilds you will stand a chance of being attacked by wildlife. :twisted:
There are tents already actually, check out models 41606-41611. At least I think that big pink thing 41611 is a tent...

OMightyBuggy

Post by OMightyBuggy »

I am just glad I can buy a house in Gothway Garden now. :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

good, pics?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Kaedius wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:49 am
Hazelnut wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:25 pm Well someone will need to model a tent then. Pretty sure if you don't have a fire and sleep in wilds you will stand a chance of being attacked by wildlife. :twisted:
There are tents already actually, check out models 41606-41611. At least I think that big pink thing 41611 is a tent...
Hm... my Climates & Cloaks could really use a tent function...