"Please draw the destination on my map"

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
DeltaOfPie

"Please draw the destination on my map"

Post by DeltaOfPie »

Hi,

just recently I watched a YT-Let's play where the player would click on "where is (destination)" to get the NPC to draw the place on the map... While I found this feature very handy, I always thought that it breaks the "Role playing immersion"...

To handle this you could make the NPC stop after 3 times to answer the question about the location and if knowing the place you could give him some "gold coins" to draw the destination on the map.
This way you could balance NPC and role playing interaction as well as balance the feature.

Ommamar

Re: "Please draw the destination on my map"

Post by Ommamar »

You have etiquette and streetwise skill to use for role playing as well I could see them being tied into something you suggest. Streetwise roll to see if a common person you asked on the street would accept you coin to help you, there could even be a case where they don't know but pretend they do just to get your coin. If this happened you might get a pop up message saying you thought you are being conned by the person you are speaking too.

Etiquette could be used to bribe guards into giving you information as well as nobles but that would only apply to dungeon location at the moment as no one in an interior can mark something on a town map.

I agree there could be more to this system and I think there was a plan to expand it but the time pressure killed what the developers wanted to do.