I'd love to see (hear?) Morrowind's soundtrack in Daggerfall

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
deadtom

I'd love to see (hear?) Morrowind's soundtrack in Daggerfall

Post by deadtom »

I'm sure for some people, this would not be preferred, but it's my absolute favorite Elder Scrolls soundtrack. So, if it were possible to put it in, that would make me happy. :D

Jay_H

Re: I'd love to see (hear?) Morrowind's soundtrack in Daggerfall

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :)

To be honest it'd just be easier to mute the Daggerfall music and play/stream it independently. The two games' music systems are so different they're almost incompatible.

Morrowind's combat music would never play since Daggerfall doesn't trigger danger states -- unless you made it the dungeon music, and that'd get reaaally tiring really fast :lol: (Some people have spent 3+ hours in the same dungeon, whereas Morrowind's combat music lasts like 12 minutes I think?)

Daggerfall changes music at every interior, such as inns, shops, guilds, and residences. To mod all that would just be to wipe it clean and play Explore tracks the whole time... So you can see why it'd just make sense to do it from outside the game ;)

deadtom

Post by deadtom »

Thanks for the welcome!

And yeah. This is fair. Haha.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I replaced Daggerfalls music with Oblivion/Morrowinds OST's but never released it due to legal issues. Beth really probably wouldn't like people sharing that stuff.

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Jay_H wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:21 am Morrowind's combat music would never play since Daggerfall doesn't trigger danger states -- unless you made it the dungeon music, and that'd get reaaally tiring really fast :lol: (Some people have spent 3+ hours in the same dungeon, whereas Morrowind's combat music lasts like 12 minutes I think?)
Well to be honest, I'm a huge fan of Daggerfall music (and prefer it to Morrowind) but this problem of music repeating in dungeons does happen quite egregiously in Daggerfall.

Once you enter a given dungeon, you always get the same music until you exit it, and some of the loops are really short. I'm especially tired of song_28, which seems to pop up very often (like in half of the dungeons?) in my DFU and is less than a minute long, so sometimes it will play 100+ times in a dungeon run. I wish there were a "next track" key.