Modern games features port mod ideas

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Rand

Re: Modern games features port mod ideas

Post by Rand »

BadLuckBurt wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:59 pm If you really want to put some work into it, just drop them a line asking if there's anything we can do as a community that might warrant a more visible spot on the wiki. If their answer is no, there's nothing you can do, so be it and otherwise, there'll be a goal to work towards.
Yeah, good. Already composed my original message, but haven't sent it yet. Your suggestion makes so much sense that I'll re-edit it to that end. :)

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

Sharing the thread was my way of hoping you’d find more info about our relationship with UESP and the choices made on where we could be placed in UESP vs making our own wiki. While we would certainly enjoy more prominent placement, they don’t owe us anything and we appreciate having hosting as well as the trust and SEO that comes from UESP. We expect most of our traffic to be from googling “daggerfall unity wiki” or “DFU wiki.” It’s the first result so people get there. If people search for DF mods or guides on playing it in 2019, they will likely find DFU. YouTube and Twitch are reaching significant audiences and will continue to do so. YouTube search results for Daggerfall increasingly return DFU. Anyhow, a thoughtful post or email to UESP is appreciated but we did have Deepfighter as our UESP liaison and I think the options at the time were discussed in full. Once DFU hits 1.0, perhaps they will reconsider.

Rand

Post by Rand »

Sure thing.

At this time, all I'm really doing is sharing my lack of easily finding it on UESP, and why, and so suggesting to them that at least they could modify the Daggerfall mods page, and let DFU get the OpenMW treatment it sees on the Morrowind mods and get in at least in a more understandable category like they have: "Alternative Game Engines".

I haven't sent it yet. Any feedback?

pango

Post by pango »

Hasn't that thread been derailed after the first page?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Rand

Post by Rand »

pango wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:44 pm Hasn't that thread been derailed after the first page?
Very true. Apologies for my part in it! :oops: