Better poisons mod

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Ralzar

Re: Better poisons mod

Post by Ralzar »

I'd agree that poison, like many other features in the game, could have done with a bit more development time end testing :D

On the one side, being poison IS often a long and painful death, but on the other hand it doesn't quite match up with how the rest of the game works. If it at least worked more comparable with diseases, that would be fine.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I was the one who merged it, and it was in this same forum ;)

ValkyrWarrior

Post by ValkyrWarrior »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 pm I'd agree that poison, like many other features in the game, could have done with a bit more development time end testing :D

On the one side, being poison IS often a long and painful death, but on the other hand it doesn't quite match up with how the rest of the game works. If it at least worked more comparable with diseases, that would be fine.
Having poisons function somewhat like diseases would be an interesting solution, I feel. Keeps the attribute drains but over a slower period of time to allow for some leeway.. not AS slow as diseases, however. I don't think poisons, with the exception of the outright deadliest, which should be rare, should kill the player. Leaving them and their attributes crippled should be a well enough warning.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Is it possible for PC to poison opponents? this is an obvious addition through a mod.

Also more info on poisoned states as already discussed. This could be tied to skills/level/rank. If you have a high medical skill or a high level or are high rank in a faction then youd be able to identify the poison and from there the lesser ones could be treatable with ingredients if you dont have a potion/spell.

Maybe poisons could be more detrimental but not always fatal and not last too long. Diseases would be long term, more nagging (pop ups interrupting sleep)(attributes affected). You could also get resistances to poisons/diseases youve already contracted.

Ultimately poisons would be contracted from enemies and diseases would be from enemies and irresponsible behaviour. If you eat bad food, are always cold, dont sleep by fires, melee with dirty enemies, so on, you would contract diseases.

A high Medical skill along with intelligence and maybe endurance could allow you to sense diseases. You enter a dungeon and a pop up tells you that you smell certain things or arent feeling great so be careful.

I think a poison/disease mod would be very welcome. Anything to add more impact to the systems