Better poisons mod

Talk about the mods or features you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Ralzar

Re: Better poisons mod

Post by Ralzar » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 pm

I'd agree that poison, like many other features in the game, could have done with a bit more development time end testing :D

On the one side, being poison IS often a long and painful death, but on the other hand it doesn't quite match up with how the rest of the game works. If it at least worked more comparable with diseases, that would be fine.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:49 pm

I was the one who merged it, and it was in this same forum ;)
Come join Lysandus' Tomb, a Daggerfall Unity fan Discord.
See the Daggerfall Unity Wiki on the UESP.

ValkyrWarrior

Post by ValkyrWarrior » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Ralzar wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 pm
I'd agree that poison, like many other features in the game, could have done with a bit more development time end testing :D

On the one side, being poison IS often a long and painful death, but on the other hand it doesn't quite match up with how the rest of the game works. If it at least worked more comparable with diseases, that would be fine.
Having poisons function somewhat like diseases would be an interesting solution, I feel. Keeps the attribute drains but over a slower period of time to allow for some leeway.. not AS slow as diseases, however. I don't think poisons, with the exception of the outright deadliest, which should be rare, should kill the player. Leaving them and their attributes crippled should be a well enough warning.