Cloak for vampires that enables easy daywalking?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
clarkework_orange

Cloak for vampires that enables easy daywalking?

Post by clarkework_orange »

Hi, new player here. Mostly for RP purposes (and max laziness), I was wondering if any mod or method exists that negates a vampires vulnerability to sunlight damage? I think I read that you could use Spell Shield to reduce the damage, but I think it would be really cool to have a magic cloak that shades you from the sun's evil rays. Hell, I'm willing to learn how to do this myself if it's something that's possible. I'm thinking complete immunity would be boring, but maybe hindering a cloaked vampire's ability in some way (e.g. a solar debuff that puts the vampire into a weakened state for a not insignificant duration) would keep vampirism as an potentially attractive trait with some degree of risk. Maybe a gauntlet of quests would have to be completed before gaining/finding/enchanting the cloak.

I dunno man... just spitballing. Maybe I should just go play VtMB for my vampire itch. :lol:

Ommamar

Re: Cloak for vampires that enables easy daywalking?

Post by Ommamar »

Well through a couple paths you can enchant a cloak or other item with a spell shield or a regeneration effect to offset the damage a vampire would take from sunlight.

clarkework_orange

Well through a couple paths you can enchant a cloak or other item with a spell shield or a regeneration effect to offset the damage a vampire would take from sunlight.
I'll look into that. Although I heard taking damage ticks while doing bad things will alert the guards, but I'm not sure if that applies to DF Unity or not.

pango

Post by pango »

clarkework_orange wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:49 pm I'll look into that. Although I heard taking damage ticks while doing bad things will alert the guards, but I'm not sure if that applies to DF Unity or not.
I just checked, it doesn't apply. You really need to get damage from a guard hit.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

clarkework_orange

pango wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:37 pm
clarkework_orange wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:49 pm I'll look into that. Although I heard taking damage ticks while doing bad things will alert the guards, but I'm not sure if that applies to DF Unity or not.
I just checked, it doesn't apply. You really need to get damage from a guard hit.
Very nice, just tried it also. Solves that issue, but now I find out vamps can't fast travel in sunlight. I understand why, but damn... if only I could use a cloak or some sunscreen. Can't always get what you want. :lol: