fallout total conversion

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
ceriux

fallout total conversion

Post by ceriux »

id love to see a fallout total conversion. i dont have much to say past that. but it'd be great on this engine.

jedidia

Re: fallout total conversion

Post by jedidia »

Honestly, it would feel kind of weird porting the Beth-style fallout games back to what is essentially a retro-engine, when the original fallout games actually still run pretty well on current hardware and are far superior to their modern successors. I mean, the graphics are about the only thing that the Bethouts have over the originals, so when you lose that I don't see any selling point...

ceriux

Post by ceriux »

it's not a selling point. i like old games both their visuals and the gameplay in them. having a fallout game that plays like daggerfall would be awesome, and honestly probably better than the bethesda iterations. imo a lot of the time user created content is WAY better than what bethesda puts out. fallout 76 kind of proves that in my opinion. how moddable their games are is whats kept them a float.

taking a step back might be a better direction then the steps forward bethesda has made. honestly if you're not into the type of game daggerfall is. why you playing daggerfall? ( i dont mean to sound condescending.)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The question arises, would it just be a tiny province like Betony? How many people survived the nukes, anyway? :lol:

Perhaps some of its novelty would depend on creating different types of missile weapons, which Daggerfall lacks.

ceriux

Post by ceriux »

with the project being in unity i dont see it being that hard if you're versed well enough in unity, making new weapons/features. (i'm not or i would be attempting this.)i think the hard part would be coming up with a story line. at least for me anyways. again as i said something in another thread hand made sprite art would look amazing rather than blurry pre-rendered models.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

I am confused on what you are after. Are you thinking a conversion of Fallout 1 and 2 into the Unity engine or a Fallout type scenario happening in the Daggerfall world?

ceriux

Post by ceriux »

a total conversion with a unique story and quest line based in the fallout universe. not just a mod. a total conversion.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

honestly if you're not into the type of game daggerfall is. why you playing daggerfall?
People are into a lot of things. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if daggerfall had some turnbased combat implementation, but I can accept the combat it has for all the other great things.
What I'm getting at is more like: If you're already investing the resources and effort that would be required to make a total conversion of daggerfall... Why not take another engine and make it a game more true to the original, or make FalloutUnity that, similar to Daggerfall Unity, can reuse the assets of the old games? Especially the second approach might be *less* work than a total conversion of DFunity...

ceriux

Post by ceriux »

Because I don't want to play fallout 1 or 2 I'd like to see a retro styled fallout game in the old school Bethesda style.

pepperjam

Post by pepperjam »

The first Fallout game came out after Daggerfall, so I don't think it would make sense to put a game from that series in this engine, but what if you made it an imagined sequel to an even earlier game? Like, imagine if a sequel to Wasteland (1988) had come out on this engine in 1996. I wouldn't do that game, though, because they did make a Wasteland 2 a few years ago.

It could work, though, to just imagine Fallout had been made using this engine and do a direct total conversion. That wouldn't excite me as much creatively, but it would be a fun project if you're a big fan.

Here's an idea! Mod in driving and vehicular combat, make it an imagined sequel to Road War 2000 (1987)--and call it Road War 2020!

https://www.abandonwaredos.com/abandonw ... 0&gid=1259