There Are Enemies Nearby mod suggestion

Talk about the mods or features you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Helegad

Re: There Are Enemies Nearby mod suggestion

Post by Helegad » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:13 am

I like the idea of safe spots in dungeons, they could be marked simply with useable beds like in later ES games.

The rest mechanic always seemed like a bit of a cop out, I'd rather require rest in set intervals (plus or minus some hours depending on the physical activity you've done) and reliance on spells, items, and/or world objects for healing.

A nice healing fountain centrally located in a dungeon would make the game flow better.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:45 pm

jedidia wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:14 pm
That would make dungeons suicide for low-level characters, though. Not to mention that it would make it almost impossible to get out of privateers hold for people that don't know the layout already.
You'd obviously want to give new characters a few starter potions and bandages, or a healing spell if they're a mage class. You'd also change loot tables so that humanoid enemies drop more healing items, and stock healing items at shops. It's pretty easy to run past enemies and avoid combat, I'd hardly say it's impossible to find the exit through avoidance if your char is shyte. People do that as it is after engaging imps, dying, and then not doing it.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:43 am

So my 1 cent per idea ideas on this are:
  • Make dungeons higher-level content. The idea of diving into a deadly hole full of horrific monsters is not for level 1's. As part of this, dungeons would have monsters 2-3 levels below your level (minimum 1), so that your level... 3? character can actually survive their first dungeon. This seems like the easiest solution.
  • Add the ability to hire followers. It is a consistent weirdness in the Elder Scrolls series that you can't hire the Fighter's Guild, yourself.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

pango

Post by pango » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:15 am

Since 0.10.14 we know that "they are enemies nearby" does not only mean that you spotted enemies, but also that enemies spotted you; So the original mod idea may have to be adjusted for that...
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:29 am

There was a change to this function right? The problem has been a lot less aggrevating lately.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

pango

Post by pango » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:43 am

Yes, the main reason for the mod is also more-or-less gone since 0.10.14.
So an option is indeed to forget about that mod altogether (even if I like some of the ideas of this thread)...
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart