Numerous Improvement Ideas

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Daedros

Numerous Improvement Ideas

Post by Daedros »

So, i have quite a number of ideas for mods/features on how to improve Daggerfall Unity. I'd like to see a modder create some of these.

1. Make it to where every skill can reach 100, as in later TES games. As it is now, if you reach 100 in a Primary skill, you get a message that you Mastered it, and you can't reach 100 in any other skill, they cap out at 95.
2. Real time skill gains, like later TES games. You'll no longer need to rest/travel for 6 hours to get the skill gain, they're immediate. Rest to Level up, and multiple character Level gains can be qued.
3. Revamp the Medical skill, it's a total pain in the ass to level right now. Allow bandages to be used with it to heal yourself (i'm aware there's a RP mod pack that does this, but the bandages are very limited in usefulness), which will cause Medical skill checks and gains.
4. Allow Loitering for longer than 3 hours at a time. Repeatedly having to go into the Rest menu to loiter until a guild/shop opens (or closes) is annoying.
5. Allow spell kills to count for Vampire feeding. As it is now, only melee weapon kills will satiate a Vampire player's hunger.
6. Murders in Werewolf/Wereboar form should not affect reputation at all, or attract Dark Brotherhood attention. Noone can recognize you when you're in beast form after all. Not sure if this is still in DF Unity, but in vanilla Daggerfall, slaughtering hordes of innocents and guards in beast form would actually negatively impact your reputation with the people of the region, to the point where they would refuse to talk to you in human form.
Last edited by Daedros on Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Firebrand

Re: Numerous Improvement Ideas

Post by Firebrand »

Daedros wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:02 am 1. Make it to where every skill can reach 100, as in later TES games. As it is now, if you reach 100 in a Primary skill, you get a message that you Mastered it, and you can't reach 100 in any other skill, they cap out at 95.
2. Real time skill gains, like later TES games. You'll no longer need to rest/travel for 6 hours to get the skill gain, they're immediate. Rest to Level up, and multiple character Level gains can be qued.
I would love it.
Daedros wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:02 am 4. Allow Loitering for longer than 3 hours at a time. Repeatedly having to go into the Rest menu to loiter until a guild/shop opens (or closes) is annoying.
There's already a QOL advanced option in DFU for this, up to 12 hours, IIRC ;)
Daedros wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:02 am 6. Murders in Werewolf/Wereboar form should not affect reputation at all, or attract Dark Brotherhood attention. Noone can recognize you when you're in beast form after all. Not sure if this is still in DF Unity, but in vanilla Daggerfall, slaughtering hordes of innocents and guards in beast form would actually negatively impact your reputation with the people of the region, to the point where they would refuse to talk to you in human form.
Not sure about this, never been in a beast form before, but from Zarik Zakharon video of classic Daggerfall I remember him telling that until nobody sees you while transforming, nobody should be able to trace back to you. Except Dark Brotherhood, because "they know" :lol: :lol: :lol: