Allow loitering as a starved vampire.

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Seferoth

Allow loitering as a starved vampire.

Post by Seferoth »

This simple change would make a lot of sense. I mean loitering is nothing but standing still, you can do it anyway so why not allow us to speed it up as a vampire?

Ralzar

Re: Allow loitering as a starved vampire.

Post by Ralzar »

I got to agree. Being a vampire is hassle enough. The loitering thing just makes it suuuuper annoying.

Allthough here's my trick:

Whenever I am headed to a town, I instead head to the cemetary nearest the town. I go inside and cast recall anchor.
Then I go into town. Once I am finished in town, I use recall to get to the crypt, kill something there and sleep till night.

It would actually be kind of nice if being a vampire got a special "Flee to nearest Crypt" spell :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Also a mod idea would be to add "Blood Potions/Bottled Blood" to the game(Dark Brotherhood potion seller(or all) could sell them(as i am pretty sure that one girl in House of Dibella is a vampire) and they could also found randomly from vampire/ancient vampires) so you could have some "snack" for the journey ahead, or allow ingredient like Daedra Heart to be used for feeding.

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

I like all three ideas.

-Flee to Crypt
-Blood potion
-Use Bloody ingredients (Heart, Actual Blood, etc)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

For actual blood, there are a few in the game (werewolf's blood, troll's blood, orc's blood, giant's blood) that could be used for satiation.

Reminds me of VTM, where vampires could even feed off of rats. They hate doing it, but when you need blood... :lol:

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:36 am For actual blood, there are a few in the game (werewolf's blood, troll's blood, orc's blood, giant's blood) that could be used for satiation.

Reminds me of VTM, where vampires could even feed off of rats. They hate doing it, but when you need blood... :lol:
Ah yes, i forgot those blood ingredients...those would work even better. Hope someone could do a mod about this...it would really enhance vampire gameplay.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hmm I thought it would be important to have fresh blood, not some months/years old orc blood you found in a dungeon somewhere?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:19 pm Hmm I thought it would be important to have fresh blood, not some months/years old orc blood you found in a dungeon somewhere?
Pfft, don't care about actual lore just that living as a vampire would be more tolerable. Or allow Vampires to go peoples houses and snack/feed on static npc's somehow. The current feeding mechanic and inability to loiter as a starved vampire is awful.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Seferoth wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:25 pm Pfft, don't care about actual lore just that living as a vampire would be more tolerable. Or allow Vampires to go peoples houses and snack/feed on static npc's somehow. The current feeding mechanic and inability to loiter as a starved vampire is awful.
So, if I understand correctly, in DFU a vampire cannot feed at night in a town, because there is no one on the streets? :shock: And you cannot feed on people inside houses, because they're billboard? :?:

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Firebrand wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:47 pm
Seferoth wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:25 pm Pfft, don't care about actual lore just that living as a vampire would be more tolerable. Or allow Vampires to go peoples houses and snack/feed on static npc's somehow. The current feeding mechanic and inability to loiter as a starved vampire is awful.
So, if I understand correctly, in DFU a vampire cannot feed at night in a town, because there is no one on the streets? :shock: And you cannot feed on people inside houses, because they're billboard? :?:
Yes, and you cannot wait/rest if you are starved.