Climate Survival

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Lorex

Climate Survival

Post by Lorex »

The Climates & Cloaks mod made me remember about a special advantage written in the DF manual, but never implemented in game.
cs.png
cs.png (78.39 KiB) Viewed 548 times
This could be a mod of its own since it has nothing to do with weather but should be used in conjuction with Tedious Travel in my opinion.
able to pass through such terrain easily
This could be related to Speed and Agility bonus, and/or to athletic skills.
with little fear of getting lost
This probably is the most difficult to translate into game mechanics.
meeting the native monsters
Lower chance of random encounters, for example.
or missing places of interest.
You can become aware of point of interests from greater distance (but TT should interrupt travel).

All of this hoping you can add new advantages/disadvantages!

Ralzar

Re: Climate Survival

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, interesting. The first bit is easy enough to do with speed etc. I could do that right now in Climates & Cloaks with a couple of lines of code.

The other bits though? Problably more tricky. But then, I would say the interesting bit here is the spirit of the idea more than the actual implementation. Peopl who grew up in a certain climate are better at navigating it.

Spawn chance is probably hard to affect with a mod. But another way to do it could actually be to increase language, etiquette and streetwize while in "your" climate. So the odds are higher that you do not have to fight enemies you run into.

Increased healing rate while sleeping is also a possible way to go.

New class advantges would be welcome, but should really be part of a bigger overhaul of the clas system in the game.

I wrote a suggestion about that a while back:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2968