-

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ralzar

Re: City Guard Posts & Under-City Areas

Post by Ralzar »

I agree. Why is the game so full of life but, but the city walls allways completely barren?

Realistic Guardpost addition: Make City guards a region faction with their own NPCs within the city walls.

Expanded slightly crazy idea: make City Guards a "guild" that you can join where the City Walls are the guild houses.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

That sounds like a really cool idea.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

There was a suggestion for the Roleplay & Realism mod to put guards on the walls so you couldn't just climb them without potentially getting caught. It's a good idea, but I've not figured out how best to do it yet. If you do create this mod, there's little point me duplicating that bit so keep me posted.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I made a suggestion about just this sort of thing some time ago. Guards patrol the walls and streets of cities.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.