Alchemist's shop?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Seferoth

Re: Alchemist's shop?

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:00 am
Seferoth wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:46 am
daggerdude wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:45 am I wonder why they didn't make this in the original game? They made apothecary shops, why not got a step further and put potions on the shelf or have a custom order thing?

I still think that whatever the alchemist would look like it would be better to use the temple.
I think they wanted Factions to have special services so there would be actual reasons to join them. Still, ordering Potions would be a great feature as you would have to wait to get your potions, while you could still get them instantly by using the Potion Maker at faction bases.
This actually goes beyiond just Alchemists. I've had a long thread about basically the same thing for armorers.

Why can't you custom order items (for increased price) from shops where the price defines how long it takes before it is ready? Custom order armor? Weapons? Clothes? (come on, it's a TAILOR)
Might be an idea for a massive mod. Ordering weapons,potions,armors and clothes is not a bad idea. Prices needs to be sky high though so looting and stuff is still the "better" choice.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Gimme a sec, I'll make a separate thread.

(Sheesh, I thought I was finished making new mod suggestion threads.)

Consequence of Grace

Post by Consequence of Grace »

I've drafted out a mod idea for an Alchemist's Guild, which addresses some of the ideas in this thread. No idea if I will ever develop the skills to actually make it, though...

And where's the new thread you started?

:D